View from Federal Hill Park

View from Federal Hill Park
The fantastic skyline as seen from just down the street.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

I wish everyone could love their job as much as I do...


I love the smell of freshly roasted coffee brewing and blueberry multi-grain pancakes. This is what greeted me this morning as I made my way down the stairs to help our assistant innkeeper, Claudette, with breakfast service.


I have a house jam-packed full of people for a wedding later today. It is great and very sentimental to have all of them here, especially since this is the first time the mother of the crew has had all of her children with her on Mother's Day for probably over 15 years.


We passed out gifts to the mother's over breakfast...great little sets from my friend Theresa at SoBotanical on S. Charles Street. They were all wrapped up in bright green tissue and tied off with elegant brown ribbons.



As I type this post, the dining room is filled with laughter and the bride's siblings giving here marital advice to take with her as she starts her new role as wife later this afternoon.


A house full of happiness for a family full of love. What could be better? I am so glad i pursued my dream of having a B&B. It has been filled with trial and overwhelming moments, but has given me so much joy and emotional rewards beyond belief. Living your dreams takes a lot of work, but it is always worth the extra effort.

No comments:

Blog Archive